Year End Wealth Management Reminders
Posted on 10/29/2014
Year End Reminders:
1) Maximize out your qualified retirement savings ($17,500 for under aged 50, $23k for 50 and older)
2) If no 401k or 403b available, you can still open an IRA (Roth or traditional) and fund up until April 15, 2015 for 2014 year!
3) Don’t forget to use up the last of your FSA eligible funds, if you participate – many plans we have found still have not elected the new ‘rollover’ provisions. If don’t use it – you lose it!
4) Give to charities – there are many excellent ones available – be mindful of those who really need. Find efficient ones at chartityfinder.org
5) Rebalance your portfolios to do any gain/loss harvesting for tax efficiency. If you are working with a professional (like us), this is being performed as appropriate for your goals.